Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a brain disorder including a mixture of persistent issues such as trouble in paying attention, impulsive behavior and hyperactivity. This disorder can develop into an individual at childhood and can continue through adolescence. It occurs more commonly in males as comparison with females.
Types of ADHD
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder can be characterized by two types, which are:
- Childhood ADHD: Developing or experiencing ADHD in the childhood stage is termed as Childhood ADHD and around three to seven percent of children are affected by this disorder. A child underlying ADHD may face variable attention to details, poor concentration level and many other difficulties in daily routine.
- Adult ADHD: Basically, ADHD takes place in childhood and may continuous to adulthood. Thereby experiencing ADHD at adult age is termed as Adult ADHD. This disorder can lead to low self-confidence to face society, poor performance in work or high school, unstable relationships, and other problems.
Causes of ADHD
The exact cause of ADHD is still not known. But scientists assume following factors involved in the development of ADHD:
- Genetics: ADHD may have potency to run in generations. In most cases, it is observed that genes play a crucial role in causing ADHD.
- Environmental Factors: Environmental factors such as extreme exposure of a child with lead, pesticides or harmful toxins. Such unsuitable environmental factors may be responsible for causing ADHD.
- Abnormal structure of the brain may also be responsible for ADHD. Scientists observed that the brain structure of ADHD patients is different from normal human brain structure.
- Premature birth, having low weight at birth, damage to the brain in the womb may be responsible for ADHD.
- Excess consumption of alcohol and cigarettes at the time of pregnancy can develop ADHD in offspring.
Symptoms of ADHD
Observing signs and symptoms of ADHD at an early childhood stage is quite difficult. But as the age passes, symptoms become noticeable, which includes:
- Trouble in paying attention
- Interruption of other’s games or conversations
- Easy distraction
- Fails to complete tasks like homework
- Difficulty in listening details
- Substance abuse (rare cases)
- Chaotic lifestyle
- Low self-esteem
Complications of ADHD
ADHD can further give rise to many complications such as:
- Risk of injuries or accidents are increased in ADHD patients due to decreased concentration
- Usually, people suffering from this condition faces difficulty in communicating with other person due to their decreased level of self confidence
- ADHD patients are at high risk of drug abuse
- Academic failure can happen when children or adults with ADHD become incapable in focusing their studies.
- Anxiety, depression, stress, tourette syndrome, bipolar disorder and learning disabilities can be developed in patients of ADHD.
Is ADHD a Mental Disorder?
Yes, absolutely. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is considered as a disorder of mental health. Rarely, a child can be assessed by a child specialist doctor but more commonly ADHD child or adult is referred to a doctor of mental health specialist.
Diagnosis of ADHD
It is difficult to detect ADHD by a single test. Several methods are involved this diagnosis of ADHD, which are:
- Complete information of the patient is gathered by asking questions to him about family and self-medical history, current medical symptoms, and his daily routine activities to make an estimate about ADHD.
- Physical examination of the patient is done to rule out causes of ADHD symptoms.
- Some psychological tests or ADHD rating scales are used to pile up and evaluate details about symptoms.
Treatment of ADHD
In modern science there is no treatment to get rid of ADHD. Doctors usually prescribe medications which stimulate the central nervous system. But these medicines are not sufficient to treat ADHD permanently. Consuming these modern medicines will give you short term relief until the action of medicine will remain in your body. Side effects can also be given by these medicines which can irritate you for your whole life span. So, treating ADHD with modern medicines does not seem to be a good choice. Then how can patients with ADHD treat themselves?
Don’t worry, Ayurveda system of medicine is quite useful for treatment of various chronic diseases from which ADHD is the one. Ayurvedic medicines are made up of herbs obtained from nature, so there is no chance of any side effects of ayurvedic medicines. Herbs present in these medicines treat the disease’s root in a natural way and prevent recurring of the disease. To help with the patients of ADHD, PLANET AYURVEDA has formulated some wonderful herbal medicines by using basic fundamentals of Ayurveda. All Ayurvedic medicines of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent safe for consumption by all human beings whether they are children, adults and old aged people as these medicines are totally free from chemicals, preservatives, binders, additives, colors, flavors and synthetic substances. These medicines are made under the guidance of a team of experienced MD Ayurveda doctors which took special attention to make these medicines natural and vegetarian. Take a look at ayurvedic medicines by Planet Ayurveda to treat ADHD.
Herbal Remedies By Planet Ayurveda
- Brahmi Capsules
- Daily Essentials
- Memory Support
- Neuro Plan Syrup
- Kumar Kalyan Ras
- Gotu Kola Capsules
- Medhya Churna
1. Brahmi Capsules
Brahmi capsules are prepared by Planet Ayurveda by using Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) herb which is a traditional herb used in treatment of multiple diseases. These capsules will prevent bronchitis, hoarseness, asthma, chronic cough, digestion problems, arthritis, rheumatism, impotency, fatigue, depression, hair loss, etc and provide strength to all body functions as well as purifies your blood.
For Child: 1 capsule twice daily with normal water after meals.
For Adults: 2 capsules twice daily with normal water after meals.
2. Daily Essentials
Planet Ayurveda’s Daily essential capsules are made from herbs like Grape seed (Vitis vinifera), Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Cow colostrums (Bovine colostrums) and Green tea (Camellia sinensis). All these herbs work in a synergistic manner to increase immune power, removing toxins, delaying the process of ageing and providing you protection from several health diseases like fatigue, asthma, allergy, jaundice, cancer etc.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with normal water after meals for both children and adults.
3. Memory Support
Memory support capsules made in the house of Planet Ayurveda consists of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Vacha (Acorus calamus) and Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra). These capsules maintain balance between Tridoshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha), prevent anxiety, stress, and enhance the functioning of the brain by increasing concentration power.
For Child: 1 capsule twice daily with normal water after meals.
For Adults: 2 capsules twice daily with normal water after meals
4. Neuro Plan Syrup
Herbs such as Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica), Jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus), Bhojpatra (Betula utilis), Pippali (Piper longum) and many more are utilized in neuro plan syrup. Using this syrup will prevent you from Alzheimer’s disease, improve signal passing pathways between nerve cells, improve memory, and protect the brain from various neurological disorders.
For Child: 1/2 teaspoonful twice for children after meals.
For Adults: 2 teaspoons twice for adults after meals.
5. Kumar Kalyan Ras
Kumar Kalyan ras is prepared from Swarna bhasma (Gold calx), Loha bhasma (Iron calx), Makshika bhasma (Copper calx), Shuddha Parada (Purified mercury) and many other effective ingredients. It is a pediatric remedy which boosts the energy level in children and also protects him from a wide range of diseases which can interfere with the normal growth of children.
Dosage: 1 tablet in a day with milk after meals for children only.
6. Gotu Kola Capsules
These capsules are manufactured in Planet Ayurveda’s manufacturing unit by using Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) herb which is well known for its multiple uses. It supports healthy blood circulation, healthy brain, healthy body metabolism, balance the psychic energies (Satva, Rajas and Tamas) and maintain equilibrium between all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha).
Dosage: 1 capsule twice in a day after meals for adults only.
7. Medhya Churna
It is a classical formulation consisting a blend mixture of 11 herbs, which are Patha (Cissampelos pareira), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Ajmoda (Carum roxburghianum), Marich (Piper nigrum) and seven others. All these herbs work in a synergistic manner to improve brain power, concentration, functioning of the nervous system, give relief from stress and anxiety and protect the nervous system from numerous disorders.
Dosage: 1/2 tablespoonful twice in a day after meals for adults only.
Other Lifestyle and Home Remedies
Following some lifestyle modifications and home remedies along with the herbal remedies, you can overcome ADHD to a great extent. Here are some suggestions which will help you:
- Note down your tasks to be completed in a dairy. This will help you in avoiding distraction and increasing focus.
- Do a bigger task into small portions and manageable steps.
- Write notes to yourself by using sticky pads and put them on the bathroom mirror, fridge, in the car or a place where you can read them.
- Do follow a routine that is steady from day to day.
- Feed yourself with healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains which will improve your health.
- Do exercise daily for at least one hour.
As we read above ADHD, we get an idea how dangerous it is for our health. Taking immediate treatment of this disease is mandatory to live long and disease-free life, use above mentioned herbal medicines and get rid of ADHD by keeping your body natural or without giving any side effect to your body.